Winchester is full of cultural activity, and it can be hard to keep track of what’s going on. Here are places to check for announcements and news of local concerts, exhibits, lectures, classes, and other activities in the arts.
- See the Winchester Public Library calendar, which lists the many events taking place in the library building.
- The Town of Winchester sponsors a Winchester community calendar, which includes arts and cultural events.
- Wisit the web site of an organization in the Winchester Cultural Organizations Directory
- The local newspapers are the Winchester Star (which has lately added blogs and online video coverage), and the Daily Times-Chronicle. In addition, Winchester events are listed in the Boston Globe Northwest section.
Arts Center Bulletin Boards
- The Winchester Public Library, 80 Washington St, has comprehensive bulletin boards at each entrance (one at Washington St and one from the parking lot).
- The Winchester Community Music School, 407 Highland Ave, has a bulletin board just inside from the lobby that lists local musical activities.
Public Places and Businesses
- The Town posts banners advertising some public events on the railroad tracks over the rotary where Main St, Mt. Vernon St, and Church St intersect. (A fee is charged for this service.)
- At the Town Common, especially at the intersection of Church St and Waterfield Rd there are often signboards advertising events in the Common.
- In the square at the intersection of Main St and Thompson St there is often a signboard, and nearby shops post notices in their windows.
- Bookends bookstore, 559 Main St, has many notices on the windows and doors. In addition, Bookends frequently sponsors literary events on the premises.